Holistic Psychology is an integrative therapeutic approach that considers it paramount to work with the “whole” person or group to support deep connection and transformation. This means considering the mental, emotional, spiritual and physical aspects present, along with relational and environmental influences. In her sessions, Sophia provides people with the opportunity to explore, understand and resolve their challenges. Her approach draws upon Eastern, Western and Indigenous psychological theories and philosophies.
Holistic Psychology provides a safe and confidential environment for individuals, groups and communities to engage in therapy. Some of the matters commonly addressed with Sophia using this therapeutic practice are: abuse, trauma, anxiety, mild depression, bereavement, low self-esteem, conflict resolution and life transitions. She has extensive experience working with children, adolescents and adults, including culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities.
With any presenting issue, Sophia draws upon the wisdom of her clients, using a wide range of client-centered and creative processes to assist them in attaining therapeutic goals. As well as supporting individuals, groups and communities to address their challenges, she is driven in assisting them to understand how to maintain long-term wellbeing and promote rich and fulfilling lives.
Sophia is skilled in the following psychological and psychotherapeutic practices:
• Mindfulness-Based Practices
• Somatic (body-based) Psychotherapy
• Process-Oriented Psychology
• Narrative Therapy
• Play-Based Approaches
• Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
• Sophia is currently only providing telehealth sessions for both Australian and International clients.
• Of relevance to Australian clients, Sophia is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
• Private Health Fund and Medicare rebates are available.
Please get in contact if you want to work with her.